FORUMS: list search recent posts

scripting: apply action to all layers

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dodyskin
scripting: apply action to all layers
on Jul 27, 2006 at 11:13:37 am

I have Photoshop CS on an iBook running 10.4.7.

I'm processing a lot of captured stills ( I'm going Quicktime Pro 7>ImageReady>Photoshop>After Effects ) in Photoshop and I've recorded a pile of actions that do various colour corrections and custom pattern overlays and so on and so forth. I want to apply the relevant action to all the layers individually and I want to write a script to do this if there is truly no other way. Each psd contains between 18 and 170 layers, named sequentially (001 ... 170 ), which I did with a script using some kind of incremental path through the layers so surely there must be...I am going mad with this!

As far as I can see there is no way to include loops in actions so this is why I am turning to scripting.

Seeing as I don't know how to do this, I can only really tell you how I don't want to do it. So:

I *don't* want to extract the processes from scripting listener for each action and write a unique script each time because I think it would take as long as repetitively clicking! Seeing as I know wall to wall bugger all about javaScript, like.

I *don't* want to save each layer as its own file and use automator to open, apply action, and save. I want to do it all within the same PSD, keeping the layers.

Please don't tell me to use Illustrator because I don't have it.

Can anybody help me? This problem is driving me up the bloody wall.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]