FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator CS2 acting weird.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MAX POWER
Illustrator CS2 acting weird.
on Jul 17, 2006 at 10:46:42 pm

Anyone seen their Illustrator do this???

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/weswhile/wtf.jpg

I'll admit that I'm self taught on this program, and there is a LOT I don't know about it, however I have been using it professionally for years with no problem. This only seems to happen in CS2, and only when I am working on something quite detailed with many, many paths and anchor points. That being said, my images ar still only a couple megs?? Basically what happens is, when I try to resize or rotate anything, the program goes haywire - stuff disappears, graphincs get all glitchy, program slows down, etc. I have 2 gigs of ram and do a lot of Photoshop work (CS2 as well) with images up to a couple hundred megs in size with no problems, but Illustrator can't hande a 2 meg file?? I'v never seen this happen in all my years using the program until this version... Anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Illustrator CS2 acting weird.
on Jul 25, 2006 at 3:21:36 pm

The image looks like something drawn with a shape tool while holding down the ~tilde key.

I would try to reset the preferences, as your CS2 preferences might be corrupt. DO you have any plug ins installed?

Return to posts index

MAX POWER
Re: Illustrator CS2 acting weird.
on Jul 26, 2006 at 8:49:06 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your reply! I have since dumped my AIPrefs file, thus reseting all my preferences. That seems to have worked! Awesome!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]