FORUMS: list search recent posts

Urgent Help Needed - CS2 vs. V7 file layers - missing in old version

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
herojig
Urgent Help Needed - CS2 vs. V7 file layers - missing in old version
on Jul 5, 2006 at 3:52:15 pm

Hi all, this one blew me out of the water today: 10 biz card designs on CD taken to a new commercial printer here in the K-doo and when he tried to open all the files they were all flattened into a background layer. In CS2 everthing looks fine, and I had this checked:

FROM HELP FILE: Choose Always from the Maximize PSD File Compatibility menu. This saves a composite (flattened) image along with the layers of your document.

Well, it did not! Not for V7 anyway, which my new commerical printer is still using.

Then there is the box Enable Large Format Document (PSB) which was also checked, but now I read by unchecking/checking the option that this is for CS and above. Would this explain the V7 behavior?

I have to go to the printer in the AM with a new CD and need to get this right, as there won't be time to go back to the office (many villiages away) and try again.

So what to do? Thanks so much for your immediate reply,
Jigs
KTM
Nepal

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Urgent Help Needed - CS2 vs. V7 file layers - missing in old version
on Jul 11, 2006 at 6:23:30 pm

Because of the nested layer sets in CS2 you may lose layers opening CS2 in PS7. You could in Photoshop CS2 save as your files to Phtohsop PDF and enable vector quality. For printing you will get better quality on small type than risking that your printer buitmaps the type.

If you printer needs to add bleed or such, they can open the .pdf in illustrator. You can also choose to create type to outlines when exporting to PDF to elimnate Font conflicts and having to send your fonts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]