FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting layers from Illustrator CS2 to Photoshop CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
MaSA Design
Exporting layers from Illustrator CS2 to Photoshop CS2
on Jun 8, 2006 at 11:43:47 pm

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this one. I've had other designers experience this. Sometimes, when exporting a multi-layered file from Illus. to Photoshop, some (only some) of the layers flatten. We cannot figure out if we've missed something. It doesn't happen all the time. To solve it (sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't), we've tried repasting some images to new layers, sometimes creating new files all together. We've tried moving the affected layers further apart. We've also tried not applying any effects on Illustrator before exporting thinking we could re-do our effects in PS.
Has anyone experienced this? If so, can it be fixed? Thanks for any input!
SA

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Exporting layers from Illustrator CS2 to Photoshop CS2
on Jun 12, 2006 at 9:07:18 pm

Usually works very good if you have maximum editablilty checked, except that often you lose text editability, even though that is checked.

There must be some type of attribute on your artowrk that is causing this, can provide an example?

Return to posts index

MaSA Design
Re: Exporting layers from Illustrator CS2 to Photoshop CS2
on Jun 12, 2006 at 9:23:05 pm

Thanks, Mike for the response. On our files, we export them for max. editability. Excuse my ignorance... how do you provide examples through this type of forum. Our files are too large for attachments.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]