FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator Keyboard Shortcuts

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DinoJu
Illustrator Keyboard Shortcuts
on Jun 7, 2006 at 2:43:01 pm

Recently, I read an Illustrator tutorial about certain keystrokes that allow for streamlining workflow. For example, there was a keystroke you could use with the rectangle tool to duplicate it repeatedly as you clicked, and another keystroke allowed you to interactively change the radius on the curved rectangle tool. There were several tables that broke down these numerous keyboard shortcuts. Problem is, I can no longer locate that tutorial. Can you help me find it? Thanks in advance.
DJ

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Illustrator Keyboard Shortcuts
on Jun 19, 2006 at 7:47:22 pm

The shortcuts you mentioned are for used whiel drawing shape tools.

Up or down cursor arrow - will increase or decrease the amont of pouints on a star or chnaeg the radius of a rounded rectangle.

Ctrl & Alt (Command& Opt on Mac)- are very useful for stars and spirals especicially. Holding down ctrl will constrain the inner radius while drawing a star.

~ - this just steps and dupliactes as you draw any shape. Not a useful daily trick to use, but very exciting to see for the first time you use this.

Left & Right Cursor arrow - usefull when drawing a grid, as this will delete or add colums

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]