FORUMS: list search recent posts

Crappy WMF Export

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
lajoiet
Crappy WMF Export
on Jun 6, 2006 at 11:57:34 am

Hi all, I'm a transplant from over in the Adobe (Macromedia) Flash forum here at the cow.

Our complay has just changed the enitre layout of our corporate logos (>400 of them) and I've been tasked with taking all of the Illustrator CS2 files and converting them for our office users to use in Powerpoint, Work, etc office applications (the PC world). I did this back about 8 or 9 years ago when we got into the computer age, and we were using Freehand (v8 if I remember correctly) and everything was fine when we exported the files to Windows Metafiles (*.wmf). They all looked perfect. Our designers are using Illustrator CS2 now and when I export them to Windows Metafiles the curves are no longer smooth, but look choppy and really bad. Here are some shots of and EPS export opened in photoshop, and what the Windows Metafile looks like:

http://home.comcast.net/~tlajoie/photos/BadWMF.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~tlajoie/photos/GoodEPS.jpg

I've tried exporting to Enhanced Metafile also, and it looks even worse.

Any ideas on how I can get decent looking WMF files? It is important that they be line art with transparent backgrounds as they are used for a variety of different things. JPG, TIFF, PNG will not do.

Thanks for any help!!!

Todd

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

lajoiet
Re: Crappy WMF Export
on Jun 9, 2006 at 5:58:25 pm

Jus a polite little bump.

Anyone else have any problems like this with Exporting Windows or Enhanced Metafiles out of Illustrator, or have any other suggestions on applications that will convert EPS files to smooth clean Metafiles?

>Todd

I'm filling a need. Without me there would be no bad examples.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]