FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator CS2 Opacity Mask Woes

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Kay
Illustrator CS2 Opacity Mask Woes
on Jun 3, 2006 at 1:35:19 am

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project in Illustrator CS2 where I require an object to fade out to complete transparency.

I have followed the instructions on how to do this from the help file and it's pretty much worked... EXCEPT for the fact that it doesn't fade out to 100% transparency.

If white in the gradient mask is 100% visible and black is 100% transparent, it appears a though black for me is only going to 90% transparency.

I can't get a perfect fade out like I can in Photoshop.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there something I

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcow
Mike Gondek
Re: Illustrator CS2 Opacity Mask Woes
on Jun 5, 2006 at 8:41:53 pm

You need to edit your gradient that you are using for the mask. If you use a default linear gradient it is 100% on on end 0% on the other. Go to the gradient palette and slide black gradient slider over to about 90%. Another method you may like the results is switching the color of the black gradietn swatch to CMYK, and adding 50% or more cyan.

You will want to do some test prints if this is going to print, as a 5% dot may hold up differetnly on differetn pritning presses/calibrations. If you are doing video, taht yuor final results will be easier to judge directly on screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]