FORUMS: list search recent posts

need help w/layers in photoshop!

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scalvidgal
need help w/layers in photoshop!
on Jun 2, 2006 at 5:13:07 pm

I need to cut a line art drawing into many layers in photoshop to animate them in after effects. When I tried to do this, 2 things happened:

1. I could not use the filter "extract" which I think gives you an independent bounding box upon completion for each layer (could this be because I'm editing an illustrator file?) So instead, I simply erased what I didn't need for each layer.

2. Because I couldn't use the "extract" filter, each layer has the same bounding box/anchor point, etc. as the document. I need all of the layers to be independent w/their own bounding box/anchor point that fits it's size.

What am I doing wrong? I'm obviously not a photoshop expert.

BTW, I'm using photoshop CS2 on a G5.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: need help w/layers in photoshop!
on Jun 5, 2006 at 8:50:47 pm

From your post it appears you have an illustrator line drawing that you need layers to animate. You will want to create layers in illustrator and move itmes to layers so that each layer is the object you wnat to animate. (select the items you wish to move to a layer, you will ntoice a swaure to the right of the layer name in the layers palette, drag that sqaure to teh traget layer where you wish to move those objects

If this is going into After effects you do not need to use Phothoshop, just import this into AE as layers. Don't have AE in fornmt of me now, btu there are optiosn when importing that will either give you a bounding box for each layer taht is the size of the entire documetn of the size fo each item. AE will restack everything in postion, you just need to decide, becuase you may watn the saem or different anchor poitns for each layer, depending on your animation project.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]