FORUMS: list search recent posts

Off with its head

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DeaditteX
Off with its head
on May 23, 2006 at 11:17:21 pm

now this is a combo question and a odd one, I am posting here because I know After effects like a million times better then Illistrator, and am still going through opptions in my head for that being the problamatic end of the bridge. . . I have created a file in Illistrator and am now importing it to after effects.
The Art Boards dimensions are huge... I mention this because I think that may be a factor they are at 1920 X 15180. . . I am saving as an illistrator file retaining PDF.. . but using no compression and tehn improting the file into aftereffects, Creating a 'Comp' with the same dimmentions as I mentioned above. . . ? When it come in around 8 likes of text are cut off in the Comp... I have check the dimensions, you know to be sure it wasn't just a typo in the settings, I have checked thatthe entire thing is on the artboard. I Have checked for hidden charectors that might be causing it... I even cut / pasted it to a new art board all that managed to do was reveal another forth of the lin it cut off on.. I Have trye shifting position in after effects and a bunch of other crude. . . what Should I be trying that will not be crude and will actually fix this problem .. . . . . . . . . . . . ?

((Yes. . . . I really do like the elipses . ... this much ))

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Off with its head
on May 24, 2006 at 5:15:06 pm

This is common when bringing Illustrator text into AE.

Try drawing a box around the text in Illustrator. (give yourself plenty of room), give the box a fill and stroke of none. This gives the program some distance between your type and the edge of the viewable area. You may want to save as an eps (don't know if CS2 deals with this differently

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]