FORUMS: list search recent posts

Right....? Having a bit o' Trouble.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DeaditteX
Right....? Having a bit o' Trouble.
on May 15, 2006 at 2:55:39 pm

We are trying to come up with a simpler way to do credit rolls for the motion pictures we edit, the clients have a tendancy to send us word fils with intresting margin and colum settings, which is fine... Makes the credits look all professional like. However when I try to import, the files to Illustrator, the margins and columes all sckew or as they say, become wacked out . . . Now I may be an idiot, but I am sure adobe and word hav been on the same systems for long enough to have intrigrated their programing in such away that this should not happen. right now I am file>open> (select word document) in illustrator, it there something else I should be doing.. I have not, and made sure that the option ignor columes and tabs is not checked, when that panel menu comes up ..... ? please what can I do to make this work for me . . . ?

((Ps yues I do love elipses (. . . ) a bit too much))

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Right....? Having a bit o' Trouble.
on May 15, 2006 at 3:52:19 pm

From word export as .pdf, and open this in Illustrator. YOu will get postscritp quality, and positioning shoudl not shift. You can also open the .pdf in phothsop if you would liek a bitmap file for your credits.

If you have a new enough version of softwares, try copying the word document to the clipboard and pasting into Illustrator (works great on graphs thansk to the pdf clipboard option).

Return to posts index

DeaditteX
Re: Right....? Having a bit o' Trouble.
on May 15, 2006 at 4:19:31 pm

Thanks, sorry about the simplicity...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]