FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image Types - and which are the best to use for print

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
linkin
Image Types - and which are the best to use for print
on Mar 16, 2006 at 11:53:22 pm

Hi Guys -

I am putting together a bunch of light-box/posters etc for stores and have changed my workflow....
I used to do it ALL in photoshop (complete with actual document size at res 220-300) this was slowing the computer down to a standstill.
From yesterday I started getting the photos that were to be used ready in photoshop and then linking them in illustrator (much quicker) but was wondering what workflow you guys go with?? and what image types you use to link with in AI - eps or tif? And do your proof prints come out crisp?
Also should I be working at full res/doc size?
I have only just started to doing this type of work and am learning new stuff every day - thanks for all the pointers!

Lincoln

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Image Types - and which are the best to use for print
on Mar 18, 2006 at 1:14:45 pm

The file format I use are dependant upon the situation. If I need transparency then .psd. If I need vector and would like some compression to take down the size of large scale with a little compression(billboard, planes, trade show, posters, banners) than .pdf.

I really find it amazing that Adobe Photoshop layer blending modes are not recognized in Illustrator. Why can Corel Draw place recognize the multiply blending mode of a soft drop shadow, and Illustrator cannot.

Hope to see that CS3 will begin to focus on real world needs people have and stop investing time in small features that do not make the program worth the upgrade price.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]