FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparency issue

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin18
Transparency issue
on Mar 15, 2006 at 5:30:05 am

Hey. I'm very new to Illustrator CS2, but I am fairly experienced with Photoshop CS2. I'm trying to do a live trace on an image of a sailboat that I have. On the image you see the boat, and around it, in between the rigging, etc, there is transparency. But when I do the live trace (starting with 'photo low fidelity'), it gives me a great big ugly white square around the image. It seems to me (I could be very wrong) that livetrace doesn't like transparency. That would all be fine, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the white afterwards... It's not simple like in photoshop where you just click with the magic wand and press delete. I NEED that alpha in there. Anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,
Ben

Return to posts index

isotrope
Re: Transparency issue
on Mar 24, 2006 at 9:10:05 pm

Hi Ben,
Once you're satisfied with the Trace, hit Expand in the top toolbar.
Now select the white part with the WhiteArrow Selection tool (I'm sorry, I forget the official term), hit Delete and you should be good to go. I tend to add a completely different colored rectangle underneath to make it easy to see if my deletion worked well.
If ever you've deleted "too much", you might have to use the Pathfinder palette a bit (Minus Back) to get it right.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
iso

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]