FORUMS: list search recent posts

Page tiling question - Illustrator or Acrobat

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BenDavis2
Page tiling question - Illustrator or Acrobat
on Mar 2, 2006 at 5:45:31 pm

I regularly print out large documents (16x60'ish and biggger) that require a bit of page tiling for mock-ups. My company won't spring for a large format printer or Illustrator CS2, which would both solve my problem.

With an Illustrator document, I can set up rudimentary page tiling by hand, scooting the printer margin along with the little margin tool. This takes a long time, and doesn't give a perfectly equal overlap. I can use the default Illustrator tiling, but Illustrator CS1 doesn't have any overlap and gluing my final printout together is a nightmare. SEveral people with the same problem advise using Acrobat with it's robust printing features, but Acrobat, that I can see, doesn't have any way to adjust where tiling starts. It auto tiles, and auto-overlaps, but it always centers my artboard on the tiled area. I'd love to just grab it like you can in photoshop preview, or use a margin-setting tool like in illustrator; but have not yet found a solution.

I'm pushing for my work to buy CS2 which has all this built in, but in the mean time I'm wondering if anyone knows of a workaround to this issue.

Much thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]