FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Help w/ Making Tri Fold Pamphlet

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Espnetboy3
Need Help w/ Making Tri Fold Pamphlet
on Jan 20, 2006 at 7:26:18 pm

I need to create a Tri fold accordian style pamphlet in Illustrator. I havent done this in about 2 years and can't seem to remember the layout and how to go about doing so. Any help would be great. Is there a template in illustrator to create this for me? Also which page is the 1st 2nd and back? Thanks

Return to posts index

Underbelly
Re: Need Help w/ Making Tri Fold Pamphlet
on Jan 20, 2006 at 8:11:50 pm

Fold a piece of paper the way you want it. Write 1, 2, 3 etc on each panel, unfold. Done. Sometimes a little extra is given on the last panel but that's optional.

Return to posts index

Espnetboy3
on Jan 20, 2006 at 10:10:13 pm

Yes I know that im asking about the space you leave in between the folds. I remember when i was taking classes back in school about ink bleeds and what not. I used Quark for all of this but the place that im doing my work does not have quark.

Return to posts index

Espnetboy3
on Jan 22, 2006 at 6:20:27 pm

I have an 8.5 by 11 normal piece of paper that I need to make into a tri fold and I am still a little unclear on how to go about setting this up in Illustrator. Mainly because I will need to setup the document so that i will have text and what not on the back of the paper. Do I feed the paper through the printer twice to achieve this? Any help asap would be great.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 22, 2006 at 9:16:13 pm

Paper gets fed twice...

Suggest lightly scoring paper and marking panels... then feeding through Mark topa nd bottom and number 'pages'

Then make template in AI that does the same... get them both to line up and you are good to go

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Underbelly
on Jan 23, 2006 at 3:22:19 pm

Hey, I wasn't joking. Fold up an 81/2 by 11 into the tri fold you want. Mark it and then unfold it. You have you template. Set up the pannels in illustrator exactly the same. On a 8 1/2 by 11, don't worry about gutters in between the panels. I was in printing for years and use to set up these all the time and that's how we use to do it. The only bleed you have to worry about is outside the sheet itself and a 8th of an inch will do.

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
on Jan 23, 2006 at 4:51:00 am

Do a search for "print+templates" in Google and you'll find a plethora of printers who offer them free of charge.

Michael Munkittrick
Managing Creative Director
Evolve Media Solutions

Forum COWmunity leader for:
Sony DV
Magic Bullet

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]