FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please Help Printing Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
daveyg
Please Help Printing Problems
on Jan 17, 2006 at 9:38:06 pm

Okay, I have iillustrator and when I go to print, for some reason the blue lines in the print preview window are way out of wack. It is completely shifted towards the top. The only way for me to get my 8.5 x 11 sheet to fit is to clikc on fit to scale but then my image is off scale. Can anyone help me fix the printing area lines.

I have a Lexmark z53.

When I do this at home I dont have any problems. I have an epson dont know the model mnumber off hand. PLEASE HELP

daveyg

http://www.velocityouth.com

Return to posts index

jayse
Re: Please Help Printing Problems
on Jan 18, 2006 at 2:50:28 am

Not sure i understand your problem - but i'll try to help.

When you print is it cutting off directly proportional to those lines? Many printers have SET in Stone limits as to how near the edge of the paper they can print. I have an Epson that can print borderless (all the way to the ends) - but this is more rare than common. This may be your problem.

You can always look for options like "maximize print area" - many printers have this. However they'll still want typically at least a quarter of an inch of blank space all the way around - and a little more on one side which is where the roller's 'grab' the sheet to feed it through.

Hope that helps - oh - and one last thing - you can do it the old fashioned way which is to print onto 11x17 with crops and cut down.

Hope that helps a bit.

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]