FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any way to build a perfect circle in AI 9 that doesn't wobble when I try spinning it in AE 6.5?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Carvajal
Is there any way to build a perfect circle in AI 9 that doesn't wobble when I try spinning it in AE 6.5?
on Jan 9, 2006 at 4:36:46 am

so I build a perfect circle in AI 9 (yea yea I know im behind :( )
bring it into AE 6.5 and try to spin it but when I do i notice it doesn't rotate perfectly, in other words it looks like it wobbles or doesn't spin evenly. It looks and spin ok in AI but not in AE. Any suggestions?

thanks

Return to posts index

joe
Re: Is there any way to build a perfect circle in AI 9 that doesn't wobble when I try spinning it in AE 6.5?
by
on Jan 9, 2006 at 9:06:49 pm

1) adjust cropmarks in ai

2) adjust anchor point in ae

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
Re: Is there any way to build a perfect circle in AI 9 that doesn't wobble when I try spinning it in AE 6.5?
on Jan 9, 2006 at 11:57:25 pm

thanks i will try that.

Return to posts index

Michael Munkittrick
on Jan 10, 2006 at 1:18:00 am

Actually, it is more than likely an aspect ratio problem. If you create a circle in AI and your video comp is 720 x 480 (or any other non-square aspect ration) upon import the graphic will conforn to the aspect of your comp. Make sure that you're not just witnessing a desktop phenomenon by checkin it on your external monitor.

Michael Munkittrick
Managing Creative Director
Evolve Media Solutions

Forum COWmunity leader for:
Sony DV
Magic Bullet

Return to posts index

firtich
on Jan 10, 2006 at 5:18:43 am

Instead of messing around Illustrator, Why not use the quick mask tool{Shortcut "Q") on a solid in After Effects. Just hold a shift while you do it to constrain the ratio.(If you get the square click and hold the quick mask in tools, then select the circle)

Then use the pan behind tool(Shortcut "Y") to correctly position, the anchor point. The only way I would import stuff from illustrator is if it is an advanced illustration(i.e. diffuclt to recreate in AE). Hope this Helps

P.S. I was at first going to say that square or non-square pixel doesn't make a difference because it is a vector file, but then I proved myself wrong. Does anyone know a way around that? Logically it shouldn't make a difference all you are importing is a math based path.

Return to posts index

Bryan Carvajal
on Jan 11, 2006 at 5:51:29 am

I actually had this problem solved a few months back and had a perfect circle that didn't wobble when I applied that dotted line effect (from the tutorial here). I had some really cool circular rotations I was using for a dvd project for a clinet that eventually went to the back burner because it looked cool, but just didn't go with the rest of the main dvd menus(stuck it in the easter egg section as a background instead). When I was cleaning out the old unused files I accidently deleted the *.ai files and didn't realize it til a few days later.

What I am trying to get is that look in the background animations of the main menu screens of the PC game Republic Commando that came out last year. It had various circular lock on effects and so on. As soon as I figure out how to screen capture that main menu I will post it here for an example.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]