FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scaling Paths in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
orthanc
Scaling Paths in Illustrator
on Jan 6, 2006 at 11:01:33 pm

How can I scale a closed path so that it doesn't scale relative to one single point, but relative to itself? I am talking about the same thing you can do to a selection in Photoshop, e.g. if you want to create a border around an object. If I would just scale the path normaly in Illustrator the border would have a different thickness at different parts, not one all around.

I don't want to create a border, by the way. I just thought maybe that explains what I am trying to do.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Scaling Paths in Illustrator
on Jan 9, 2006 at 5:50:50 pm

Scaling in illustrator always centers around a reference point. By default that reference point is in teh cnter, unless changed in the transform palette.

Therfore if you wish to scale the object relative to itself, you are wanting to scael from the center. You only need to click or drag withe teh sacel tool being active. You can also doublecikc on the scael tool to get the window to open so you can enter an amount.

Return to posts index

orthanc
Re: Scaling Paths in Illustrator
on Jan 12, 2006 at 3:13:35 pm

Unfortunately that method is useless for creating a border for anything other than a rectangle or a perfect circle, maybe. If you do this with an ellipse for example, the border created between the old and the new scaled copy will be thicker at some points than at others. I am trying to find a way to prevent this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]