FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good training = Bedtime reading

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FoxxieFrannie
Good training = Bedtime reading
on Dec 16, 2005 at 5:03:54 pm

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a book or training video for both Photoshop basic and Illustrator?
I fudged a bit taking a job and now they think I"m an Adobe pro. I've worked my way through the programs numerous times and done pretty well for having absolutely no training when coming on board. But I know there's a lot I need to learn, and I want to do it fast.
Keep in mind that I'm obviously paying for this out of my own pocket, as I don't want to bust myself when I try to expense a trianing course for something I'm already supposed to be a superstar in.
For instance, I've been working on an ad all morning in Illustrator (is that even the best program for advertisements?) and have literally got nothing but a black background (then again my mind is blank - tis the season.....)
Thank you

Fran

Return to posts index

renato
Re: just in case...
on Dec 17, 2005 at 1:58:41 am

It may be a bit (or a lot) more expensive then you expect, but you could become the "superstar" you are already supposed to be, by just watching a couple of dvds from totaltraining... definetly more expensive then books but worth every penny...specially if you consider working with photoshop for a long time (the illustrator training series is excellent too)

I work with photoshop since version 3.0 without any training and I bought the totaltraining series only when photoshop cs2 came out, thinking that there wasnt much left to learn..boy was I wrong...

sorry if you already know about them..but if not..give it a look

http://www.totaltraining.com

HTH

renato

Return to posts index

Laszlo Kovacs
on Dec 28, 2005 at 2:14:51 pm

Yes, the Total Training series worth every penny, but here's what happened to me once:
I got stuck with a CD cover, no idea, nothing but darkness...
Then I went to good-tutorials.com, and randomly picked several tutorials while waiting for inspiration. After 30-40 minutes I found the one I've been looking for, and solved my problem, not to mention the new technique I learned in the meantime...

And good-tutorials is free - don't underestimate it just because you'll see some 'how-to-frame-a-picture' and 'how-to-apply-motion-blur' type tutorials, there's even more there.

Hope this helps

Laszlo
Life is too short to drink poor wine.

Return to posts index

jayse
on Jan 10, 2006 at 4:52:51 am

I have some free Photoshop tutorials at http://www.xeler8r.com - as well as a more comprehensive CD Video set (over 10 hours) - made pretty much for people exactly like you that need to be experts FAST. I teach you all the 'advanced' ways of doing things - but in a way that even beginners appreciate.

If you prefer books you might also want to check out quick tip books like the ones by Scott Kelby and Deke McClelland.

Hope that helps!

// jayse

Ultimate After Effects Video Training CDs

Free Photoshop CS Video Tutorials

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]