FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator HELP!! Saving ONLY the artboard to PDF!! HELP!

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick
Illustrator HELP!! Saving ONLY the artboard to PDF!! HELP!
by
on Dec 16, 2005 at 4:07:03 am

Hi guys,

I'm trying to save my .ai to a PDF but i ONLY want what is on the artboard! Currently it is saving everything on the artboard and scratch area and i can't seem to find and option like what 'Save for Web has' (Clip to Artboard).

I need the output to be in PDF so the text is selectable! Is there anyway i can only save what is on the artboard to PDF??

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

Best regards,
Nick.

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Illustrator HELP!! Saving ONLY the artboard to PDF!! HELP!
on Dec 16, 2005 at 8:15:43 pm

Object >> Crop Area >> Make

You can use teh save as command to make a PDF from Illustrator.

If you are needing smaller PDF files for emailing, then you will want to print to the PDF Writer, whcih uses the Distiller fi you have the full version of Acrobat on your machine.

Return to posts index

Chaz DeSimone
After 15 years I finally know how to do this!
on Mar 1, 2013 at 3:32:20 am

Mike, I'm a logo designer and have used Illustrator for about 15 years. It's the first program I learned. But I have always wished I could crop a pdf to the artboard, and 15 years later I finally know how. I needed this desperately today, rather than doing what I've always done,(you won't believe this) deleting or redrawing the entire extraneous elements to fit within the artboard before saving as pdf. Thank you for your generous contribution.
You might like my free design series "featuring the ampersand as fun & fabulous art" and please spread it to your friends: http://amperart.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]