FORUMS: list search recent posts

picture quality in PDF's (created in Illustrator)

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michiel van der Zeeuw
picture quality in PDF's (created in Illustrator)
on Dec 14, 2005 at 8:44:21 pm

Hello

I am working on a multiple page Illustrator document that I want to convert to a multiple page PDF, so I am restricted to using the print command in Illustrator. This works fine but the quality of the pictures is really bad in the PDF's. They are 72 dpi jpeg's and look fine in Illustrator (or any other app).
I have played around a long time with the settings in the print dialogue, but nothing seems to work. Am I missing something in the settings of Acrobat or Distiller?
Many thx in advance
Michiel

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: picture quality in PDF's (created in Illustrator)
on Dec 16, 2005 at 8:57:11 pm

I have good news for you in that you shoudl be abel to fix this. Where you need to change the settings is in the print driver, and below are the instruction for Windows XP

Start >> Printer & Faxes
Right click on Adobe PDF, Choose Properties
On General Tab Click Printing Preferences
Click Edit on your standard Setting (You may need to wait 20 seconds for the next window to pop up up)
Click on Images folder (and change your dpi here)

Return to posts index

Michiel van der Zeeuw
on Dec 18, 2005 at 4:45:57 pm

Hi Mike

Brilliant, thanks ever so much. While you're at it, can I ask you another question? The only way I seem to manage to get proper text in Illustrator is to write a word-document and place that in my ai-file. If I type directly in Illustrator and I want to change the dimensions of the text box, the letters themselves change shape accordingly. I also can't change the alignment, this also only seems to work with a placed text document.
Any sugestions on what I'm doing wrong?
Many thanks in advance!
Best,
Michiel

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Dec 20, 2005 at 9:40:09 pm

In Illustrator you need to click and drag to set area text (Text in a box).

I have a feeling you may be setting point text by clicking with the text tool and immediately releasing without dragging. You can align point text, you just need to watch the dot(aka point) on the line.

POint text will flow on one line until you hit a return, where area text flows within a box.

You can also draw any shape adn change your text tool to teh area tool to set area type.

Return to posts index

Michiel van der Zeeuw
on Dec 21, 2005 at 7:45:58 pm

on the spot again. many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]