FORUMS: list search recent posts

simple question and i did search the archives

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Marshall
simple question and i did search the archives
on Dec 13, 2005 at 11:17:10 pm

I use Illustrator just enough to get buy in our shop we have version 10 on a mac. i am working on modifying some artwork created by another firm and they seemed to have converted all the text to outlines.

why did they do that and how can i modify the text now?

john in idaho

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: simple question and i did search the archives
on Dec 14, 2005 at 12:05:40 am

People convert to outlines in order to preserve appearance without having to have fonts loaded.

Its normal as part of the process before sending to a third-party (its illegal to just give fonts away).

Only way is to ask them what fonts they used and re type set it.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: simple question and i did search the archives
on Dec 16, 2005 at 9:11:56 pm

Sometimes you are lucky, and the documetn may still ask you for the font you need saying it is missing, because it is in a character style or stray point. Most likley you will call the client and ask them "What the Font?" and will get a resposne "I Dunno".

You will need to recreate the type and we have to do this all the time (so you are not alone).

Luckily you can go to http://www.myfonts.com, and click on what the font tab. You will need to upload a bitmapped version fo the typefont you wish to identify, confirm that the letters are correct, and you will then get back the results of the closest matches.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]