FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a way to gather all fonts used in a PSD or AI file for prepress...

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Bergstrom
I need a way to gather all fonts used in a PSD or AI file for prepress...
on Oct 28, 2005 at 9:05:29 pm

I am looking for an easy way to know all the fonts that are used in my photoshop or illustrator file, and gather them in one place to include in my zip file for sending to a printer. Sometimes I will use a lot of fonts in a file, and I don't want to go through all my layers looking for font names, and then trying to decide which font file is correct in my font folder. Is there a plugin or piece of software that will do this for me? I am using Photoshop and Illustrator CS1 on Mac OS X 10.4. Ideally it would also find linked files, graphics, fonts, etc. and through them together in a folder on my desktop.

Return to posts index

lriv
Re: I need a way to gather all fonts used in a PSD or AI file for prepress...
by
on Nov 1, 2005 at 11:36:52 pm

I don't know of software that will do all of what you are asking for, but w/ illustrator and photoshop CS the fonts will activate automatically if you have extensis suitcase. As far as preparing your files for your printer goes...I recommend you flatten your artwork (photoshop) or create outlines (illustrator), so fonts don't become an issue

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: I need a way to gather all fonts used in a PSD or AI file for prepress...
on Nov 1, 2005 at 11:49:48 pm

If you send a PDF or an EPS with vector data included, you won't need to send any fonts, and the text will still be vector so it'll print crisply.

You shouldn't have to worry about linked images.

For the future -Extensis Flightcheck Collect will do what you need. I've never tried it with a Photoshop file, but I think it supports it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]