FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is there any easier way to do this?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
coach
Is there any easier way to do this?
on Oct 25, 2005 at 12:28:00 pm

Hello,

I am working in PS 7 and Ill CS. I am going to cut out a pic of a person (full body shot) and place them on a backdrop. Inside of the person I would like to have almost a montage overlay but with all the pictures fitting into or being trimmed to stay inside the pic of the person who is cutout. Do I have to cut out each pic for the montage and them place them inside or can I lower the opacity of each layer and then trim or cut as an idea? I have to 12 different creations so I am looking for hints or tips to streamline this. I hope I have made myself clear and thanks for any help.

Coach

Return to posts index

Place Dog
Re: Hope this helps
on Oct 25, 2005 at 3:16:16 pm

Word up, Only know Mac talk, not PC so hope this helps

I work with these kinds of things all the time, Don't bother with illustrator for images. Use Illustrator to create nice logo's and vector artwork, use photoshop for phot editting and use InDesign or Quark for output. You'll have far more control. And the printers will like you better.

Follow these steps:

Return to posts index

seth
by
on Oct 25, 2005 at 10:14:20 pm

Or you can cut out the person, and place him on a new layer. Then add one of the collage photos on the layer above him. Select the collage photo layer in the layer palette, and hit ctrl G (command G on mac). Place another photo above that layer, select that layer and hit ctrl G again. This is a much easier way, as long as I explained it clearly.

utah dvd replication - stotion.com

Return to posts index

coach
on Oct 27, 2005 at 7:05:04 pm

Thanks for the help. I am following the steps on a Mac and almost all is well. I have the path and I am following all the steps but when I am finished, all I see is the path outline on top of the imported picture layer behind it. It is NOT staying only in the path created or cut out. It is a full pic. What am I missing?

Coach

Return to posts index

Place Dog
HELP Response
on Oct 28, 2005 at 8:25:38 am

Yo Coach,

I think that you are not selecting the path properly. In the layers panel, move over to the paths tab, select the path with your mouse holding down shift. The path should then start flashing. Go back to the layers tab, select a layer, any one it doesn't matter and copy and paste. This should give you a new layer, name this layer BODY CUTOUT or similar.

At this point I'm presuming that you have all of your layers ready to go into the cutout. If so step and repeat the following process.

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
Re: Is there any easier way to do this?
on Oct 25, 2005 at 10:33:30 pm

Stay in PS. Once you've got the person cut out, just duplicate the layer 12x and use as each one as a clipping path.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]