FORUMS: list search recent posts

pinstriping brush...

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Lyons
pinstriping brush...
on Oct 12, 2005 at 4:18:03 pm

I have a question for creating a brush in Illustrator. I need to create a brush that will behave like a pinstriping brush. Tapered ends consistent line weight and pointed corners. If I use the artbrush feature the corners are not pointed but the ends are tapered perfectly. even giving the max miter limit still not points. The calligraphy brush gives the pointed corners but doesn't have the proper width through out. The down strokes too fat and the ends are subject to the angles of the paramenters, hence the calligraph brush tendencies. So what I need is a nice tapered end brush with pointy corners, Yes a magic brush. Hey folks at Adobe you have made 11 releases of this software, so could you please make a line/pen/brush tool that has editable attributes like tapered ends you would save us all a bunch of time. So If anyone could help me on this it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance
greg

Return to posts index

seth
Re: pinstriping brush...
by
on Oct 12, 2005 at 11:51:21 pm

You could set up a few different brushes to accomplish this in Illustrator.

utah dvd replication - stotion.com

Return to posts index

Greg Lyons
on Oct 12, 2005 at 11:57:32 pm

So which brushes would that be? and how?
greg

Return to posts index

seth
by
on Oct 18, 2005 at 5:24:12 am

Greg, I may not be understanding you exactly right, but, (in Illustrator) could you draw your artwork with the pen tool, outline your stroke, then add the tapered ends to the line terminals?

utah dvd replication - stotion.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]