FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need a good book of Illustrator CS2

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
b_alen
I need a good book of Illustrator CS2
on Sep 30, 2005 at 12:28:53 pm

But there aren't any good reviews on the net. Authors didn't put anything extra rather than front page in Amazon.

What do you suggest, I need a book that's for intermediate user, tutorial style, with explanations for use in print, web and video media.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: I need a good book of Illustrator CS2
on Sep 30, 2005 at 2:17:58 pm

You will not find a book that does this...

There is virtually no books that cover illustrator for video... I mention a few key things in my book Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors and I know Mike Gondek has a chapter in his book.

There are other good books on illustrator... but they don't address video (Illustrator isn't really for video anyways... anything you do will need to come through PS or AE to get cleaned up.)

-Rich

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
on Sep 30, 2005 at 2:31:48 pm

http://www.creativecow.net/show.php?page=/articles/gondek_mike/illust_kille...

I did a review on the book above called "Illustrator CS Killer Tips", and recomend that.

In summary I usually give books great reviews that do not repeat information from Adobe online help or the manual, but give tips that expert users learn from using the product over many years. That is what this book does! If you are new to Illustrator this bopok might not be for you, and in that case the manual and online help that come with Illustrator are the best.

If you want to learn using hands on tutorials, teh Adobe Classroom in the Book" has crude looking samples, but you will learn.

Return to posts index

b_alen
on Oct 3, 2005 at 7:56:20 am

Thanks Mike, I did read your review on killer tips, but you wrote a review for CS version, not CS2. Also, are there tutorials inside or just tips? Or are tips tutorial style or just listed tips? I hope you know what I wanted to ask. Is it possible to see something from inside on the internet?

I also see Illustrator gone wild coming in october. Do you know some of that?

Return to posts index

Sugar
on Sep 30, 2005 at 9:43:39 pm

A good book is the Adobe "Classroom in a book" get it on overstock.com it's much cheaper, it comes with a CDRom etc too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]