FORUMS: list search recent posts

opening photoshop files.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anne pascal
opening photoshop files.
on Sep 5, 2005 at 8:47:03 pm

Knowing how good the advice of the cows have been in the past, I trust that I am again not seeing the obviouly simple solution.

My problem is that when I double click on a psd or jpg file, the file does not open in Photoshop CS. It does open the software but not the file. Same thing noticed when I try to open Photoshop CS from FCP 4.5 to edit some psd and tiff.

Please help out

Thanks

Anne Pascal

Return to posts index

Del Holford
Re: opening photoshop files.
on Sep 6, 2005 at 5:34:23 pm

some of your settings may have evaporated into cyberspace. your computer's file manager usually has those associations (psd opens in PS CS, doc opens in Word, etc.) but sometimes the pc may hiccup and lose them. Try going into your file manager (Explorer in the IBM pc clone world) and re-associate those files. Then you should be able to use "open with". I'm not that Mac fluent because I use PS CS and Illustrator CS on pc, but it has the same items, just calls them something different.

Return to posts index

anne pascal
on Sep 6, 2005 at 7:59:11 pm

Thanks for the email.
However, I am a Mac G5 user and damn it, I still cannot find a solution.
All my other files open nwhile double clicking: e.g ai files in ai, etc.

Please help out.

Thanks
Anne

Return to posts index

seth
by
on Sep 6, 2005 at 8:05:50 pm

I haven't seen this before on my G5, but try resetting the preferences as you restart Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Steve Denn
on Sep 7, 2005 at 12:05:01 pm

Try reloading Photoshop CS. That should bring back your file association back

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Sep 10, 2005 at 6:17:48 pm

Reload PS is best way... there ar a few files that get buried into the Library... if you upgraded your OS (like Panther to Tiger).... it can delete or skip some of these...

Back up your presets and plugins folders... then reload

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]