FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop - Mac to Windows font problems

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Wilson
Photoshop - Mac to Windows font problems
on Aug 8, 2005 at 2:58:38 am

Hello all-

I am working with a client on a Director project. He has "built" the interface in Photoshop using a well organized layered file. Fantastic.

He sent me the finished product on a disc with the fonts he used. Only problem is that they are Mac fonts (.bmap) and I am a Windows user. Due to timing and the way we do business, contacting the client about this is (annoyingly and unfortunately) out of my control.

I wish I knew more about graphic design software and terminology, but I do not.

I know that sometimes when I recieve artwork from clients in Illustrator format, the fonts are not real text at all - the fonts have been "outlines" so that you dont have to have the font installed on the computer that views the file but you still get the appropriate font in the artwork.

I have access to a Mac.

But it does not have Photoshop. =(

I wonder if the trial Photoshop download for Mac would be able to help me out of this mess?

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Photoshop - Mac to Windows font problems
on Aug 8, 2005 at 3:15:41 am

You can open on windows but not edit fonts

Mac trial works fine for PS

for permanatent solution
]
Transtype from Fontlab

use it all the time

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Photoshop CS for Nonlinear Editors
Co-Author Final Cut Pro on the Spot, After Effects on the Spot, Broadcast Graphics on the Spot, and After Effects @ Work
Check out the new DVD: Photoshop CS: Essentials for Digital Video from http://www.photoshopforvideo.com

edit - produce - direct -

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]