FORUMS: list search recent posts

the coloring book

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hollycow
the coloring book
on Aug 2, 2005 at 4:39:02 am

ok I give up, I need to do "nice" coloring book for my client and I'm tired of stroke...what they are doing to draw such nice smooth stroke. Anybody knows? I'm using flash...I was pretty happy, but...now need something more pro, so I need to find something different. Ilustrator? Jeez... I can't show shity work, so pls help.

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: the coloring book
on Aug 2, 2005 at 6:30:29 pm

Illustrator, Freehand or even Corel Draw are all vector-based programs that allow one to create postscript illustrations.

You still have to have the ability to draw whether using one of the above based with a Wacom tablet or the various tools available in the programs.

However, if you're using predrawn images (like logos or other artwork) then you'll get the smoothest lines by ensuring there are fewer points to describe perfect or half perfect curves/arches/circles.

Also, for output you need an imagesetter (or printer) that has postscript capabilities. A beautiful and smooth image from Illustrator printed out on a cheap ink-jet isn't going to look as nice as one printed out on a laser printer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]