FORUMS: list search recent posts

vectorizing fonts problem...

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ramarama
vectorizing fonts problem...
on Jul 27, 2005 at 5:50:42 pm

my friend is having qualms with vectorizing her fonts and then copy and pasting. this is what she says:

text in illustrator looks different than text in photoshop. it often takes on a lot chunkier, thicker look in photoshop. so i like to paste vectorized text into PS from IL. So i do this fo a bit of text and print it out and think "weird, why does this look different than the other pages?" till i realize, when i type in arial, vectorize, copy, paste, it shows up in PS as Myriad. No joke. i am so confused.!!!

Is there a way around this, or do you just have to vectorize, and then import the AI file instead of copy and pasting?

Return to posts index

thumbslinger
Re: vectorizing fonts problem...
on Jul 27, 2005 at 9:27:50 pm

Vectorize isn't really a proper term. Converting to paths or outlines is what happens when converting from the postscript format of a postscript font. However, type is vector in its native postscript format whether converted to outlines or still used as a 'font.'

Now, if when she selects her copy and then SHIFT-Command-O's the type, it should turn into outlines which are calculated from the font postscript/metric files.

If she doesn't has the printer font file (yes, even in OSX there are two formats, they're just usually combined into one file type...which can get corrupted the same) a font with similar metrics can be substituted although it escapes me how at the moment.

Make sure in her Preferences/File Handling and Clipboard/ AICB and Preserve Paths is checked.

And also that there isn't any space character just before the first letter or, that it's the same font face as the actual copy.

If all that doesn't work, scrap the Illustrator preferences and restart Illustrator.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]