FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a Rubber Stamp

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adguy31
Creating a Rubber Stamp
on Jul 11, 2005 at 3:27:58 pm

Hi all,

I have tried searching the posts before asking this question. I know it is a simple one but I am having a hard time creating this look.

I want to create a Rubber Stamp look to use in a video. I know I can create this in PS but I would like the stamp to have a roughened edges look. At this end of this one particular clip I want this Rubber Stamp to fly in and say "MISSION: Complete". Like I said, I want to create this in PS as this is probably the best program for this.

Can someone please help. Do I need to creat this in After Effects or Illustrator. Thanks in advance.

Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: Creating a Rubber Stamp
on Jul 12, 2005 at 3:43:15 am

Try this

Type your text in PS, Flatten the image, select all, copy and paste into a new alpha channel. Create a new white layer. Make a selection from the alpha channel by holding down the apple key (Mac) or Control key (PC) and clicking on the icon of the channel. Apply the noise filter to the selection, then the Guassian blur filter. Next, go under image, adjust, threshold. Move the slider back and forth to help create an inconsistant look to the texture. Apply a little more blur. You'll probably have to play with the settings to get what you want. You may even have to create several of them and mutiply them using selections

Hope this helps

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Andrei Lutic
on Jul 12, 2005 at 7:55:56 am

I was wondering why is better to create that alpha channel and to make a selection from it by ctrl-clicking its thumbnail instead of ctrl-clicking the text layer thumbnail directly.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on Jul 12, 2005 at 2:10:43 pm

Not better, Just a habit I picked up from the days when PSD didn't have layers

Return to posts index

adguy31
on Jul 12, 2005 at 2:44:30 pm

Jeff,

Thanks for the information. I tried it and it looked great! I kept trying to use the "roughen edges" effect under sketch or stylize (I forget which one) but the noise looked great. Thanks again.

Seth

wordtoyomutha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]