FORUMS: list search recent posts

changing scanned b/w illustration to spot colour and transparent b'ground

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corey Maynard
changing scanned b/w illustration to spot colour and transparent b'ground
on May 19, 2005 at 3:42:22 am

Hey Guys, As an irregular user of photoshop and illustrator (cameraman/editor by trade) I sometimes make business cards for friends; this usually entails me drawing something say a black graphic on white paper,scanning it in to photoshop and stuffing around for hours trying to change the black illustration to say red and making the white of the paper transparent, there seems to be no simple way to do this and the jargon baffles me! I'm sure it is simple, it should be.... please tell me how in laymans terms (feel free to do this with a patronising sigh) once I know this I will be an increadably talented and successful designer rather than a frustrated one! many thanks.Corey

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: changing scanned b/w illustration to spot colour and transparent b'ground
on May 19, 2005 at 5:37:08 am

Hi Corey,

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to take a B&W drawing and alter the art so the black will print as a another color.

If you want to take the art to an offset printer and have them print it on a press, you can leave the art as B&W and tell the printer to simply print a Spot color in place of the black. Doesn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]