FORUMS: list search recent posts

More control of shape transforming.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron
More control of shape transforming.
on May 18, 2005 at 8:45:08 pm

I am wondering how to change the make the position of my anchor points change. For example: I make a square with four points that i draw with the pen tool. Then I want want one of those points to slowly move in so that the square becomes a triangle.

I tried this question last week, but this answer below only stretches or changes size of the shape.

Do you mean tranform the entire mask? Right click on the mask in the comp window
and go to "free transform points" or have the mask selected in the timeline and
hit command - t.

Thanks a bunch
Aaron

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
Re: More control of shape transforming.
on May 19, 2005 at 5:44:49 am

What program are you working in?

If it's Illustrator, Try drawing a square, then use the direct select tool (Hollow arrow) and select one point and move it in.
or
you can use the pen tool with the minus sign next to it. Hold the cursor down on the pen tool until it flies out to reveal all the pen tools. Use this tool to delete one of the points.

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

Aaron
on May 19, 2005 at 1:52:26 pm

I know how to use the pen tools, and I am using the pen tool in after effects. My question is this: If I have a shape drawn with the pen tool at second 1 and then at second 5 i make some changes to that shape with my pen tools, should I be able to make that shape morph from that shape as second 1 to the changes I made to it at second 5? I could swear I have done it before like 5 years ago, but I can't rember how.

Return to posts index

Jeff Cochran
on May 20, 2005 at 6:41:56 am

On the timeline, select the layer that has the mask, hit the "M" key. This will bring up the mask attribute controls where you will see Mask shape. Click on the little Keyframe icon, then move to 5 second on the timeline and alter the shape of the mask.

Jeff Cochran

http://www.jeffcochrandigitalartist.com/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]