FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to create a table with lines &also.. graphs inside photo shop

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph
How to create a table with lines &also.. graphs inside photo shop
on May 18, 2005 at 1:33:08 pm

I have to make a powerpoint style presentation, but on DVD, as I have to combine movies with graphics...

but I find that the only way I can do this to cut a table or graph from Word & paste it into photoshop, that the back ground colours are not preserved..& other things are distorted... can any one advise me on some plug in.. or how to create these things in photoshop?

Return to posts index

Thumbslinger
Re: How to create a table with lines &also.. graphs inside photo shop
on May 18, 2005 at 2:16:46 pm

Do you have any other programs you can use along with Photoshop like Illustrator, InDesign, Quark etc? If not, get happy with the Pen tool in Photoshop and use that to draw your tables/grids/charts. After you draw lines, you can stroke them.

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on May 18, 2005 at 6:29:39 pm

If you're able to generate either a PDF or Postcript file out of Word or Excel, you can open that file in Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Joseph
on May 18, 2005 at 10:28:38 pm

Excuse my ignorance, I am not familiar with illustrator, can I download a trial version, or some free program that is similar?

The problem is I need to put these into a DVD , which means I have to turn them into a Movie, as an MPG2.. I use Sony Vegas for this... so instead of a slide show, I end up with a movie, & I use the DVD remote control to pause scroll through the chapters, some of the ' scenes' are graphics, & some are video...

I can print to pdf from word using Jaws pdf creator

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on May 18, 2005 at 10:52:30 pm

Make a PDF out of Word, then drag that file on top of Photoshop to rasterize it. It should look exactly as it did in Word -- you won't lose the formatting the way you do when you copy/paste.

Return to posts index

Joseph
on May 18, 2005 at 11:12:00 pm

Thanks for that, can you explain what you mean by, ' drag that file on top of photoshop'.. ..

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on May 18, 2005 at 11:41:58 pm

Drag and drop the PDF file onto the Photoshop application icon.

Or from within Photoshop, go to File > Open and select the PDF (dragging and dropping does the same thing).

Return to posts index

Joseph
on May 19, 2005 at 12:48:54 am

This looks promising
I made a 3 d graph in Word, exported it to PDF, & opened it in Photoshop, I then cropped it because the image was the size of A4.page..I need it to be the size of a PAL TV screen

Is there any way that you can export from word just the image as a PDF or JPEG, as I need a constant size [ 720 by 576 pixels for video....]....

How do they make Graphs on TV any how?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]