FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pantone "Blue Spot"

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nickm
Pantone "Blue Spot"
on Apr 20, 2005 at 6:05:24 pm

We are trying to create a print ad that has Black, white, grey and dark blue. I do not want any gradiation of blue. This ad will contain images with full color that will need to have this color swatch applied to them. I need suggestions on the best way to do this.

Also... I'm totally new to creating print ads. Our company recently got a contract to create everything from print ads to billboards for another company. Anyone know where I can get a quick and dirty crash course on setting up media for print? I'm mostly needing to know what all we have to do to prepare our files for the printers.

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
Re: Pantone "Blue Spot"
on Apr 20, 2005 at 6:33:00 pm

Are you in Illustrator or Photoshop?

Return to posts index

nickm
on Apr 20, 2005 at 6:50:53 pm

I am doing the designing in Photoshop

Return to posts index

Kim Mackenzie
on Apr 20, 2005 at 6:59:40 pm

You might contact the publication and ask them how the file should be set up.

An easy trick for doing spot colors in Photoshop is to create the file in CMYK, and only use the Cyan and Black plates or channels, making sure the Magenta and Yellow channels are empty. Then tell them "use PMS 300 (or whatever) instead of Cyan." But since the file is being dropped into a publication, this shortcut may not work for them.

You may need to do it the more "proper" way - create a multichannel file and save it as a Photoshop DCS 2.0 EPS. Basically, all your black/greyscale printing will be on a black plate or channel, and everything blue will be on a spot color channel. Here's a link to an article that explains the process:

http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/19805-2.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]