FORUMS: list search recent posts

path effects

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
niall
path effects
on Apr 14, 2005 at 10:44:22 am

Hi,
I know illustrator CS relatively well and I was looking at the varuious effects that I hadn't used just incase there was a killer one in there that i should know about!

I'm confused by the path effects tho, especially 'outline stroke' and 'outline object' these don't seem to do anything of anmy interest and don't have any options for them either. I've looked in tehhelp file for extra info but to be honest it doesn't really give any information.

I know why to use the outline stroke options in the edit object menu, but I see no reason for them to be in the effect menu....

can any one enlighten me?

cheers niall

Return to posts index

mikegondek
Re: path effects
on Apr 23, 2005 at 12:10:37 pm

Outline stroke is very useful, as it changes a single stroked vector path, into a filled shape. Once you have a filled shape there are many more things you can do to that object such as a gradient mesh.

The real professional designs ts in Illustrator don't come from canned effects in pull down menus(anyone can do that), but using your creative mind and the extensive tools Illustrator has to manually create custom design.

Return to posts index

niall
Re: path effects
on Apr 23, 2005 at 2:05:12 pm

>Outline stroke is very useful, as it changes a single stroked vector path, into a filled shape. Once you >have a filled shape there are many more things you can do to that object such as a gradient mesh.

Thanks for the answer!

>The real professional designs ts in Illustrator don't come from canned effects in pull down >menus(anyone can do that), but using your creative mind and the extensive tools Illustrator has to >manually create custom design.

No shit sherlock!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]