FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best format and resolution to use in online teaching situation?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Leibson
Best format and resolution to use in online teaching situation?
on Jun 26, 2020 at 12:26:51 am

Hi;

I teach advanced music theory to individuals via video chat, and I am able to share screens so that my students can see what I’m doing when I am writing comments and making changes to their composition exercises.

Students format their work as PDFs, which I then import into Photoshop (CS5). I usually create three or four layers for each PDF – one for entering musical notation (via a stylus + tablet), another for entering text, and a third for highlighting, etc. I can then hide non-essential layers to keep the interface uncluttered, and save separate files for different layers if I wish.

I would like my students to have the option of not only seeing the resulting files on their screens, but also printing them, if they wish. I understand that 72ppi is pretty standard for screen display, and 300ppi is better for printing, but is there a format and resolution that I can use that will produce relatively good quality without producing large file size (I try to keep the files to below 2 or 3 Mb, for file sharing/email).

Thanks for any tips -- I'm still a PS neophyte, with lots to learn, but only limited time in which to do so!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]