FORUMS: list search recent posts

liquify objects changing when a new layer is pasted into file

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Bentley
liquify objects changing when a new layer is pasted into file
on Dec 21, 2019 at 7:49:07 pm

I've got a dozen of layers that have been turned into smart objects and I'm using the liquefy filter on them individually. Something I've done thousands of times. I'm now adding some new layers to the project by pasting elements in from other files - not into the liquefied layers (is that even possible?) but just a standard old copy and paste to self generate a new layer. These new layers do not have anything special on them except an alpha.
When that paste happens it alters the mesh of some of the existing liquefied layers and that imagery distorts like crazy as the mesh changes. Before pasting, even if I duplicate the liquefied layer, adding a copy if itself to the project in a new layer, the original's mesh is altered.
There is also a huge pause and then a spinning dots icon that pops up while Pshop thinks about the paste - I'm on a really fast box and again this is new behavior as well. (its probably the mesh being redistorted that's taking all the time)
What's going on here? This is the first time I've seen this. I know that if I rasterize the smart objects the paste doesn't affect the liquefy but then I've lost the "live" liquefy aspect and if I want to make changes later I will be remeshing a collapsed mesh.
Win 7 Pshop 2018

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]