FORUMS: list search recent posts

Needing advice on a photo effect

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wanda Barefoot
Needing advice on a photo effect
on Oct 21, 2018 at 10:36:34 pm

Hello I am new here and I need some help. I am wanting to create a certain photo effect but I can't seem to find the exact look I'm wanting. I have bought actions and add-ons but nothing quite matches the look I have seen. I am adding a couple of pictures and I pray it's ok to post them because I can't seem to find any rules on the subject. Sorry if it's not allowed. I'm not quite sure if the first picture is an action, add-on, effect, .etc, or if it's done by hand on drawing software but they are both by the same person. If it's done with another software I would love to know so I can get the software (If it is, any tutorials to create the effect would be great!). I just fell in love with the effect in these pictures and I would like to make photos for my family of their beloved pets for Christmas. Thank you so much for any help on this!

Wanda

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Needing advice on a photo effect
on Oct 22, 2018 at 8:10:25 pm

They're a bit low resolution to tell the exact technique.

What I can tell is that in the first image the smear tool has been used to create the ... well... smeary look.

The second almost looks like it has been drawn with a pencil, but that can be a drawing tablet with a thin brush as well.

The watercolor splashes look like they are actual scanned watercolor splashes composited on top of the image.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Wanda Barefoot
on Oct 23, 2018 at 7:21:11 pm

So there's no easy fix such an action or add-on? I was afraid of that. Do you know any type of action, add-on or software even that would give me similar results?

Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 25, 2018 at 10:12:15 am

The closest to natural painting look can be achieved in Corel Painter. However, that's not going to be a quick fix, far from it if you need to learn a whole new piece of software. In that program, you can automatically clone an image through different painting styles, but to get to know the program well enough to understand how to adjust the process and the outcome to your needs could take a week or two if you haven't used it before.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Oct 25, 2018 at 10:16:42 am

Other options exist, such as Filter Forge, although I haven't come across a style like that made with it, but there are many other painterly styles including watercolor in the online user filter library.
Spiral Graphics Genetica is another photo manipulation software, but I am not familiar with what it can do. Seems to be more geared toward creating textures and patterns.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Wanda Barefoot
on Nov 3, 2018 at 12:30:51 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to try Corel Painter. I have no problem with learning the workings of the program. I have been self taught with every software I own and I am STILL learning! LOL Thank you for the great advice. Have a great weekend!

Wanda

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]