FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image hose / image nozzle in photoshop or similar?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anna Hahn
Image hose / image nozzle in photoshop or similar?
on Aug 28, 2018 at 3:31:41 pm

I am looking for a way to use something like corel’s Image hose or image nozzles within Photoshop- is there a way to do this (spray a hose or images rather than colored stamps/brush marks) using default photoshop tools or a third party plugin?

Conversely, are there any software packages you recommend for digital painting over photoshop in terms of being able to manipulate actual image-based brushes? Are there any software packages like this that give the same flexibility and power as photoshop? Any like this that can load photoshop plugins and brushes?

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Image hose / image nozzle in photoshop or similar?
on Aug 29, 2018 at 3:35:28 pm

Corel Painter is way better for natural media painting. Well, I guess you knew that since that's where I know image hose from...

But I just saw this for the first time: https://www.painterartist.com/en/product/particleshop/

It claims to be Painter brushes working inside Photoshop. Although it appears that you may have to purchase new brush packs separately.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Image hose / image nozzle in photoshop or similar?
on Aug 29, 2018 at 3:40:01 pm

The poor man's "image hose" in Photoshop is to clone from a hidden transparent layer that has your source image, with "aligned" turned off in the clone brush options. You essentially get one copy of the source image centered on the brush each time you click (as long as the brush is larger than the source image). Not that exciting, but you can at least get fully colored images placed en masse pretty easily this way.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]