FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D camera move

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Sanders
3D camera move
on Aug 20, 2018 at 8:11:14 am

I'm trying to do a 360 dolly move around a 3D object. It should look the same as when using the "orbit the camera" tool, or like using an orbit dolly for film. I want to animate the move in the timeline and there doesn't seem to be any way to animate the rotation of the object, so I have to work with camera position. Trying to set keyframes using the camera orbit tool looks wonky. I know there are better programs for this, but I'm stuck with Photoshop at the moment and it seems like I should be able to do it considering there's a current view option that acts like a camera. In fact, I did it once but can't seem to recreate it. Any ideas? Can I just do it by changing a value in the current view Properties window? Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: 3D camera move
on Aug 22, 2018 at 1:20:06 pm

I have attempted the same exact thing once myself in Photoshop. It was impossible to match up the first and the last frame, and other weird things happened, like the object (or camera) seemed to move differently to how I had set the keyframes up. The end result was that I gave up and went back to a 3D program. I kinda doubt PS 3D is ready for this level of control.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Lli Lli
Re: 3D camera move
on Aug 23, 2018 at 2:40:29 pm

Thanks for your reply. I too gave up and am leaving the dolly move at 180 degrees. That's all it seems capable of handling.
Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]