FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to add something to SMPTE 219 Color Bars (limited Photoshop Knowledge)

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jan Janowski
Want to add something to SMPTE 219 Color Bars (limited Photoshop Knowledge)
on Feb 21, 2018 at 12:41:32 am
Last Edited By Jan Janowski on Feb 21, 2018 at 12:49:53 am

CS6 Programs.....
SMPTE 219 color bars has Pludges in blacks to check for Black Clipping (Below 16)... But it does not have the equivalent white signal to check for white clips....
I want to add a whiter than white ramp up/down area so I can check for White clips as well...

This ramp would start in the middle part of white area (235) that would be 40 pixels wide. Placed in the White area of SMPTE 219 bars, this ramp would do this:.. 236, 237, 238 239.... 253, 254, 255,255, 254, 253.... 239, 238, 237, 236.... Ramp up from 235 to 255, and then back down to 235 again...
With this added to bars, you could tell at a glance if white and or black clips we being applied to the video by looking at the Pludge's and Whiter than White ramp in SMPTE 219 Bars.....

That's my plan, but.....

I am poor with Photoshop....Much better in Premiere, where I did put a small white box placed over the white of SMPTE 219 bars, then boosted box luminance to 255 with Brightness & Contrast adjust..... but that gives me a 255 box, and not a ramp up and down from/to the white at 235 as I originally wanted....

As I said, I got it to kind-of work in Premiere, but it's a box not a ramp....

Every time I attempt this in Photoshop I end up looking at what I think is a clipped white ---- Even when I import what worked in Premiere..into Photoshop, it comes in clipped. ???????? But same image shows two different luminance areas in PPRO.... (Not in Waveforms of PPRO---Waveforms in PPRO are RGB Limited) but in SDI output of camera capture card as seen on an SDI Waveform Monitor.... You do see 2 different white levels with the test I made in Premiere...
Of course not being comfortable in Photoshop isn't helping things for me either.... But I believe that I'm trying to force YUV into RGB colorspace....

Can Photoshop create what I'm trying to accomplish?

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

Jan Janowski
Re: Want to add something to SMPTE 219 Color Bars (limited Photoshop Knowledge)
on Mar 9, 2018 at 1:24:47 pm

No one has any input on this? Are there no Broadcaster's here?

Looking for 1939 Indian Motocycle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]