Hi I have a Photoshop document and ned to change the colour to just black white and red with no grey of pink, I’m not sure how to say this correctly which is probably why I cant find the answer. I believe it’s something to do with anti aliasing that puts all these grey and pink pixels around stuf to soften the curves but I need to get rid of it. Just red black and white or really transparent as in an alpha channel.
I’m not well up on this so excuse the vague or incorrect language hopefully someone understands what I mean.
I used the following steps:
1) Add a hue/saturation adjustment layer and make the image saturation -100
2) Add a curves adjustment layer and pull the highlights and shadows close to each other horizontally so as to make the image purely black and white
3) Make a flat red layer and set the blending mode to multiply
4) Select the areas you want to make red and copy them onto the layer mask of the flat red layer
5) Curve the red layer mask in the similar way as in step 2 to make it purely black and white
You can use levels instead of curves if you're more comfortable with levels.