FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop has

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Balch
Photoshop has
on Dec 5, 2017 at 7:53:07 pm

Hello all,
I have several layered .psd files that I've imported into PPro to add to a video. When I import the files into my PPro timeline, one of the layers ( the same one in each of the .psd files) vanishes after a few seconds. I can import the .psd files into AE and see that the vanishing layer needs to be lengthened, but I'd like to know if I can do this in Photoshop and save myself a step.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Alan Balch
• • • • • • •
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
Re: Photoshop has
on Dec 5, 2017 at 11:08:45 pm

Sounds like Photoshop is seeing your layers as timeline objects with one layer shorter than the rest. In Photoshop, go to Window>Timeline and see if it shows your layers as a series of colored bars. This shows how long Photoshop, and by extension AE and PPro, think the layer should be visible. Then either extend the trouble layer to the end or, if you don't need the timeline function, just Delete Timeline from the Timeline flyout menu. That should turn your PSD file back into a regular ol' layered graphic with no inherent duration.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Alan Balch
on Dec 6, 2017 at 2:13:09 pm

Hi Jeff,
That worked, thanks. The other option I was thinking is to simply turn off layers upon exporting and save as a copy. By doing that, I believe the file comes over still as a .psd but without the separate layers.

Alan Balch
• • • • • • •
Videographer/Carle Foundation Hosptial
alan.balch@carle.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Dec 6, 2017 at 7:35:07 pm

You could export or import the image flat, but yes, that would eliminate the layers. But if you're not moving the individual layers or placing video in front/behind specific layers, the layered file may not even be necessary. Could be a simple, flat file is all you need. Or just one layer if you're doing a frame insertion or something. What is your desired end result?

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]