FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text box restrictions?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peggy Hamel
Text box restrictions?
on Nov 15, 2017 at 8:40:01 pm

I am working in Adobe Photoshop CS6 in Windows. Periodically I'll be typing text and the entire text will just disappear. It has the appearance that perhaps my "text box" is too small, yet I don't see where there's a setting for such a thing. If I backspace, the text will come back. It's like it's just too many characters for it. There's plenty of room on my canvas. Likewise, if I change the font size, it disappears. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Peggy Hamel
Re: Text box restrictions?
on Nov 15, 2017 at 9:33:02 pm

Never mind. I was able to work around it today. Not sure what the difference is, but today is good! Than you! (I'd remove my post, but I'm new and not sure how to do that yet!) :-)

Return to posts index

Jeff Hinkle
on Nov 15, 2017 at 10:28:39 pm

Are you using paragraph text (dragging a text box before typing)? If your text box isn't tall enough, all your text will disappear if the vertical size is too large for the characters to fit. Likewise, if you type beyond the horizontal boundaries, Photoshop has no place to flow the extra text so it appears to disappear. You should see a tiny plus sign in the lower right square of your text box indicating hidden text. Just drag your text box larger with the text tool to give the text room and you should see everything you typed.

---
It is easier to destroy than to create.
More fun, too.

Return to posts index

Peggy Hamel
on Nov 16, 2017 at 1:52:33 pm

Thanks, Jeff!
Actually, I just clicked on the "T" tool and started typing. I'll have to research a "paragraph text box". I'll have to research that!
Appreciate your help!
Peggy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]