FORUMS: list search recent posts

Masking a layer on a video timeline.

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Toth
Masking a layer on a video timeline.
on Oct 13, 2017 at 7:26:43 pm

Hi

I joined this forum, because I encountered an issue which a Photoshop veteran was not able to resolve.
Long story short, I'm experimenting with stop motion, which means I have many layers on a video timeline.
Most of these are photos (backdrop, elements that don't change), and a few are video layers, where I imported
video for moving elements.
Most of these come from animation sequences done in PS, the exported as a quicktime file and brought back
into the timeline. For example, this worked well with a video of a road, where two (miniature cars on a model road) pass each other. This was composited as the foreground, background being an apartment building.
Which is where the trouble begins. I wanted to have a character come out of one of the apt. doors. So, I cut out the door, and used it as a backdrop and placed the character in the door. This was about a 100 stop motion shots, which when exported as quicktime, gave the desired effect of the character opening the door, coming out and walking along
the building.
I then exported this video line back into the project and proceeded to mask the door, meaning cut out just the door, and having the original layers be as they were. For some reason, PS won't mask this layer. All I'm trying to do is cut out the middle of a 16x9 video frame, so that it's visible within the larger backdrop.
I tried many different ways and it doesn't work.
Hopefully this description makes sense to someone who can help.

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]