FORUMS: list search recent posts

I don't know the name of this but I want to do it

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Keaton Grovey
I don't know the name of this but I want to do it
on Sep 19, 2017 at 1:00:39 am

I'm trying to make a glossy shine or some light reflecting or moving across a thin surface ir a shape in photoshop. This is the link to what I'm trying to do: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7390/13554005775_f02b01365c_z.jpg. Notice the light sparkles on the glass. Can anyone help me with that effect?

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
Re: I don't know the name of this but I want to do it
on Sep 19, 2017 at 8:05:05 am

There's nothing there that you couldn't do in photoshop but it's pretty safe to say that logo wasn't created in photoshop. It would be a bit laborious. If it was me and I was trying to replicate it in PS then after creating the shapes I would apply gradients to them that get you close to the swirls of colours. Probably them some judicious dodging and burning would start to get you something that looked like real highlights and shadows. For the individual highlights, speckles and things that you see on the edge of the shapes I would search for a brush on google that would give that look and then paint them in. There's tons of cool brushes to replicate highlights and reflections etc.

Return to posts index

Max Fernandez
Re: I don't know the name of this but I want to do it
on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:15:26 pm

I think he wants to make a texture of sparks or particles in a surface.

I think you can do it by drawing dots ( you can do it automaticly with a brush with some tweaked properties) and adding the glow layer style.

You can too buy a stock png of particles or find it as free stock.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]