FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to achieve this style in Photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Kruul
How to achieve this style in Photoshop?
on Jul 27, 2017 at 10:44:21 pm

I'm working with a client right now who wants me to create a video and insert graphics with this style. I'm wondering if anyone could point me to a solid tutorial or guide me through exactly how I would achieve this effect if I sourced regular images off the internet and altered them in Photoshop.

Any tips or direction would be extremely appreciated!

----
"Three things are necessary for the salvation of man: to know what he ought to believe; to know what he ought to desire; and to know what he ought to do."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: How to achieve this style in Photoshop?
on Aug 1, 2017 at 11:06:03 am

Thats pretty straight forward assuming the line art you have is what you are sourcing on the internet (remember not everything is free to use, content creators don't do it for the good of their health).
Simply mask each area that is going to get a different color and then place a layer over the line art with that mask on it color it the tint you want. Then use a blend or transfer function of either color or multiply and the color layer will step on the line art but only where the black isn't. Often the color will mute and you have to goose it a little from your original color choice. You can also paint the color in using the same blend layers for the brush but then you can't change anything later.

If on the other hand you are looking for an effect to convert images to a line art style, that's kind of the holy grail of artsy effects and it's hard to get right and every image gives you a differnt look even with the same filter. You can sometimes get there with edge detection and some of the art effects built into pshop.

Return to posts index

Martin Kruul
Re: How to achieve this style in Photoshop?
on Aug 1, 2017 at 2:42:48 pm

Thanks for the tips, Steve!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]