FORUMS: list search recent posts

action for creating 1 frame long layer in video group

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
linus nystrom
action for creating 1 frame long layer in video group
on Apr 30, 2017 at 10:35:38 am

Hi all!

When animating in photoshop, I like to use regular layers, not video layers, and then put them in video groups. I find it easier to adjust length of frames, insert new frames etc. A while ago I used the plugin Animdessin for shortcuts to do this, and it worked great, but it has stopped working for me.

I just watched this great tutorial by Animade's Ed Barrett (https://animade.tv/notes/animade-lernzlive), and he's using the exact same technique, but without any plugins. He says that he made actions, and then assigned them to shortcut keys, which sounds like the perfect workflow for me. But I can't seem to figure out a way to do the action I want.

I am inside a video group, and I want to create a regular layer that is one frame long. How can I, with actions, do that, by default a regular layer is 5 seconds long.
I thought that I tried use the arrow key to skip ahead one (or two) frames, and then trim the layer, but that option is grayed out. I can click the scissors to split by the playhead, but it seems that the action remembers the exact time code for the arrow jump, not "jump one frame forward from current position" that I need.

Is there another way to do this?

thanks!
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]