FORUMS: list search recent posts

rainbow gradient

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arten Koronidas
rainbow gradient
on Jan 19, 2017 at 1:19:56 pm

Hi everybody! I would like to make a gradient like this for a kids workshop (to print as a background basically, like 1x1m). Any idea on how to make it?
http://wallpapercave.com/w/41Ymzs1
I would make it without the cells, anyway my guess is they have been superimposed last, after creating the colours.
Seems fairly easy but I use PS only for retouching from time to time, so I have no idea.
Thank you!
Arten

Return to posts index

John Davidson
Re: rainbow gradient
on Jan 24, 2017 at 5:17:27 pm

The rainbow itself can be done by right clicking on your background and then clicking on "blending options" and then create a rainbow gradient like that... As for the tiles I think you could try using a distortion effect and pixelate it, and then divide each square onto a new layer and then add an inner shadow effect through blending options on each layer. I'm just a beginner but I think that should do the trick. The inner shadow may be time-consuming but it will look fantastic.

Return to posts index

Katarzyna Kuzawska
Re: rainbow gradient
on Feb 23, 2017 at 12:15:55 pm

I have and advice for you ( if you use Adobe Master Collection or u have access to Adobe Illustrator)
As you can see it's not a standard Gradient, not Linear, nor Angle...It's exactly Mesh Gradient (unavailable in Photoshop). So you cannot make the same gradient as on the image simply, you would have to combine Gradient, Blurring, Smudging...
It's far easier to do it with Adobe Illustartor .
You can use Mesh Tool , making such a gradient will take up to 1 minute in Illustartor, bacause Mesh Tool is extremely powerful and simple tool 😉 One more idea is to copy it then to Photoshop as Smart Object , then u will be able to make other operations in Photoshop with possibility to change the gradient in Illustator anytime you want ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]