FORUMS: list search recent posts

This picture does not match!

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chaernon Adrian
This picture does not match!
on Jan 8, 2017 at 4:14:00 pm

Hi, I`ve watched A TON of YouTube tutorials on how to composite. I need to make an album cover for an upcoming album and this is what I have so far:

I know the shadows are a bit weird because I did them with the burn tool. The other things I did was to make a copy of the person then add curves and add a clipping mask then I darkened the picture just enough so I dont lose details.

Then I proceeded at making the shadows, used transform, puppet warp and warp to allign the picture the way I want it and then did the Match Color trick.

As you can see it looks way off. Is there anything I can do to make it look like it`s there? Also the texture of the original picture is a little different than my picture.

I still have the PSD project with all the copies so I can go back and make adjustments, it`s just that I dont know what else to do to make it look as real as possible.

Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

Dominic Deacon
Re: This picture does not match!
on Jan 10, 2017 at 4:43:50 am

I don't think the composite job is bad. It may be that having done it yourself you are more aware of it's short comings and the edges stand out to you in a way they wont for others. Not a big fan of using the burn tool for shadows. Better to create a darker image with the curves tool and then brush the shadows in. It's non destructive and you've got a lot more control. The line of shadow down the leg just feels like it ends too abruptly.

My feeling is no composite ever looks right until you add adjustment layers over the top of the entire composited image. Something like this I'd probably grab something like a slightly sepia gradient adjustment layer and layer it over the top. Just make the colours conform to each other a little bit and as all layers of your composite will be equally affected they will start to look like they belong together more.

I think I'd also want more light on the face. I feel like there's a slight lack of a "centre" to the image. As the figure is lighting a cigarette I'd be very tempted to get in and paint a bit of an orange glow around the hands and lower face to simulate the glow from the flame. But then I work in pinup and overdoing things is what I do so that may not be good advice...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]